Terms & Conditions
MortgageLadder Terms of service
At MortgageLadder, we don’t really like long and complicated terms of service; but it’s important to let you know what to expect so please read carefully as this is important.
These terms and conditions explain our responsibilities and yours, and how you can use our services. The terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this website (including any sub-domains and app, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and MortgageLadder Ltd (formerly RenterBuyer Ltd), the owner and operator of the mortgageladder.com website.
You should remember that these aren’t a complete list of all your or our rights or responsibilities, as there might be others under general law. If you want more information about your general rights as a consumer, contact a consumer advice organisation, such as the Citizens’ Advice Bureau
Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the website or app. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the website or app immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the website or app and is not either (i) employed by MortgageLadder Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to MortgageLadder Ltd and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services.
Any online service, tool, facility or information that MortgageLadder Ltd makes available through the Website or App (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- we (and our other service providers) have no control over the content or accuracy of information provided by Credit Reference Agencies, or Open Banking data
- we don’t guarantee all of the information on our website, in our app, etc is up to date or accurate at all times and we accept no liability for inaccuracies or omissions. We recommend you confirm the accuracy and completeness of any information before relying on it.
- Whilst MortgageLadder Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- MortgageLadder Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the website or app
- MortgageLadder Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the website or app including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Who we are
We are MortgageLadder Ltd. Where we say “we” “our” or “us” in this document, that’s usually who we mean. We might also mean anyone that might take over our business or we transfer our business to in the future. In a few places, we might mean one of our third party service providers or a subcontractor – this should be clear from the context. If you’re not sure who we mean, get in touch and we’ll explain.
MortgageLadder Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 11684623. Our registered office is at Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX.
We’ll provide you with your purchase-readiness score and match you to helpful suggestions and products for free because we earn a commission from the provider if you purchase a product. You can be assured; we take customer focus very seriously and we will never prioritise products according to how much commission we’re paid.
Our data controller registration number is ZA769128 and you can check our registration on the Data Protection Public Register by visiting https://www.ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search
Intellectual property and acceptable use
All Content included on the website and app, unless uploaded by users, is the property of MortgageLadder Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website and app, including any such content uploaded by users. By continuing to use the website or app, you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
If we have reason to believe you have violated any of the terms of service, we may refuse to provide services to you temporarily or permanently or we may take other action against you (including legal action). Where there is a case of unlawful conduct, we may disclose your identify, your activities and other information we hold about you to law enforcement agencies.
The email address you provide to us for the purpose of our communications with you must be personal to you and relate to an email account you control.
You must not, and you must not allow another person to, use our website or apps (including any content or materials on them) or our services:
- in any way that doesn’t comply with any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is deceiving or fraudulent, or has any fraudulent purpose or effect
- to access or interfere with another person’s account or information, impersonate another person, or create or use a false identity or email address
- for your own or another person’s business purposes
- to harm or attempt to harm any other person in any way
- to make any unsolicited or unauthorised communications, including of advertising or promotional material (“spam”)
- to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to or interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our website, any computer systems, equipment, software or networks on or through which our website is stored or operated
- to modify, adapt, decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprised in or in any way making up a part of our website, app or services provided by our website
- to scrape, reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, distribute, publish, resell or transmit any element comprised in our website, including any software comprised in it, the content or the services provided through it
- to use any technology or processes of any kind to access, acquire, copy, monitor, navigate or search our website or any portion of it (including the use of data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools)
- in any way that is not authorised by us or is detrimental to us or our third party service providers
- to transmit any data, send or upload any material that is corrupt or contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware or perform any act that would cause our website to become unavailable for use by others (including via any form of denial-of service attack)
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our website, any software, the server or other equipment or network used in the provision of our website or app (including where owned or used by any third party).
We may monitor your use of our services and monitor your activity for security purposes.
You must fully cooperate with us where any law enforcement authorities, regulators or court order requests or directs us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material or using our website or our services in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you may contribute to our website and to any interactive services associated with it.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify MortgageLadder Ltd for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
- be accurate (where they state facts) and genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
- not contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- not contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- not promote sexually explicit material, violence or any illegal activity
- not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- not be likely to deceive any person
- not be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party (for example be confidential information)
- not be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- not be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- not give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act including copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Linking to our website
- You may link to website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you or that does not comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links to other websites
- Our website or app may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of MortgageLadder Ltd or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
In order to match you to the right suggestions, products or service, you will need to answer some questions on our site or app needed by the different product or service providers and any intermediaries they may use. The answers you give will determine the products or services available to you and the amount you will pay. You must get permission from any other people whose details you propose to use in requesting a quote. If you submit another person’s details, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so, and that they understand how their information will be used.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that all information you provide us with is true, accurate and complete and you agree to the assumptions we make. If you do not provide accurate information this could lead to your selected product being invalid and claims may not be paid. You agree that we cannot be held responsible if your selected product is invalid as a result of you providing incorrect information, to us or your selected provider.
As we work with a large number of providers it is important that you read the provider’s terms and conditions, and that you read all documents issued to you by your selected provider and ensure that you are aware of any levels of cover, financial limits and any other terms that apply. If any information is not correct, it is your responsibility to identify the mistake and correct this with the provider directly.
To access our services, you will need to create a username and password. You agree to keep confidential the password and any other login details you use to access our services or engage in any disputes process and not to disclose such passwords and other login details to anyone else. If you know or suspect that someone else has your login details and password you must contact us immediately and change your password. We will not be responsible for any activity performed using your login details unless we have acted negligently or in breach of these Terms.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by deleting your account from within the Profile section of your dashboard. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, MortgageLadder Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- These terms and conditions together with the Privacy and Cookies Policy contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior discussions, arrangements or agreements that might have taken place in relation to the terms and conditions.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.